I also found this wonderful Spanish Rice Recipe at the same site I found the Enchilada Sauce Recipe. The original recipe can be found here. I made the following changes, used 2-1/2 cups of chicken broth and one 8 oz can of tomato sauce instead of tomato puree. I omitted the peas as we just are not big fans of them. I also used an orange bell pepper this time, but a red or green would be more aesthetically pleasing.
* 12 inch frying pan, with tight fitting lid
* 2 cups long grain white rice
* 1/4 cup canola oil
* 1 yellow onion cut into 1 inch chunks
* 1 bell pepper any color, cut into 1 inch pieces
* 3 cloves of garlic, minced or 3 heaping tsp garlic powder
* 3/4 cup tomato puree
* 2 tsp sea salt
* 2 3/4 cups of chicken broth
* 3/4 cup of frozen peas
Directions:
Add the oil to the pan and put heat on to medium high. Add the rice and saute until golden brown approximately 10 - 15 minutes. Then add the onion and bell pepper and saute another 5 - 10 minutes.
The important thing is to make sure the rice is toasted to a nice golden brown.
Using a garlic press, add the minced fresh garlic by squeezing the press and cutting off the garlic as it comes out, with a knife.
Continue to saute for an additional 3 minutes. You will notice a wonderful garlic aroma.
Add the tomato puree, chicken broth and salt. Stir and turn heat up to high. Bring to a full boil while stirring. Continue to boil for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment