I am the daughter of a gypo logger so I thought this would be a good title for my recipe blog :) These are my recipes, some I have taken from other cooks and modified. Those recipes will indicate this.
Monday, June 23, 2014
Hawaiian Chicken
1 to 1.5 lbs. individually quick frozen chicken tenders
1-2 tsp garlic powder
pepper to taste
1 onion, coarsely chopped
1/4 c butter
1/3 c ketchup
1/4 c brown sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch*
1/3 c vinegar
1 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
9 oz can crushed or chunks of pineapple
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place chicken in baking dish, sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper. Cover with chopped onion.
In sauce pan, melt butter. Stir in ketchup and brown sugar with a whisk. Mix cornstarch, vinegar, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce together, stir into saucepan. When smooth and starts to thicken, stir in pineapple. Pour sauce over chicken and place in oven.
Bake for approximately one hour. Serve over white rice.
* reduce cornstarch if using fresh chicken, the IQF chicken has a lot of extra water requiring additional thickening agents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment